Tuesday 17 February 2015

This Is Me.

Sometimes I need a place where I can just be a mum. No outside pressures. No workplace. No other topics. Just be a mum. This is my second blog but this is where I focus on how I parent, why I parent and my children. It's totally, utterly and completely about being a parent so if that doesn't interest you I wouldn't advise you to read on.

I won't pretend that I find being a parent easy or even natural at times. Being a mum yes. I had the immediate bond with my children, the instant knowledge that I would do anything for them but being a parent is a different matter. Being a parent means hard decisions. Being more stubborn than a 3 year old. More wily than a toddler. Finding the danger spots in every room. Letting them run wild and free in a field when your inner you is shouting hey there could be sharp things or snakes or ...well anything. Being a parent is cleaning the house and cooking meals when you have had no sleep at all. Coping with months of sleep deprivation and not screaming when someone tells you that you look tired.

This is me. I'm just a mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment