Tuesday 17 February 2015

Depression - Chapter 1.

I know I said the next post would be to explain about my daughters allergies and I will get that up tomorrow but this post is to explain about me. I have a moderately successful blog which I've been writing for 3 years and I love it but close friends and family members read it and sometimes I don't like to worry them so much with the depression posts. This new blog is completely unlike my last one. Here I will be open ( perhaps too much so) about depression as a young (ish) mother.about the medication which has helped and what hasn't helped. The side effects of depression that nobody really talks to you about. The seemingly never ending darkness. In that darkness the only sparks of light and joy coming from your family. Thankful for ever that they exist because right now in the world you live in unless they were there you know you certainly would not be.

I'll be chatting soon about how my depression began. After a traumatic pregnancy and birth. I'll be sharing my birth story with you, for the first time publicly. I'll explain how I went a year without medications because I wanted to breastfeed safely. About the treatment I'm receiving for PTSD and how lucky I am to be getting that. Thankful for the NHS whilst hating it too.

Most of all I'd love your help, your comments and your advice. If you got through it, how? What helped the most? What medication was no help at all? What side effects were the worse?

Right now I'm at my lowest point. I need you all. I know you are out there. Help.

2 comments:

  1. When you sit there and think you will never get past this know that this is extremely common but only the truly brave talk about it, know that this too shall pass, know that you need focus only on each minute you get through that becomes an hour and then a day, know that time passes and you will have good and bad days but one you will realise that you are having more good than bad. For me my faith carried me medication was a salvation and I asked for help when I needed it. I've had pnd with both my girls and while I never want to experience this again I'm eternally grateful that I survived to love and be there for them now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I cannot tell you how much I needed to read your comment this morning.x

    ReplyDelete